Lap swimming is available in the 50m pool and 25m pool during specific times. There is also a lane for lap swimming only next to the diving well. If you are interested in lap swimming in the early morning hours before 9am, please contact our Club Manager at email@example.com.
Water Volleyball is a big event at Hamilton. Adults (16 and over) play on both Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays from 4 to 6 pm.
Water Polo is a new event at Hamilton. No experience necessary. Boys and Girls who are strong swimmers and are Ages 8-12 & 13-18 are wanted. Practices begin in May at Lindley Pool and move to Hamilton Lakes once school is out on Wednesday evenings from 8:00 pm-9:00 All practices and 5 games are $50. Games will be played on Friday evenings at Lindley Pool from 5 pm – 8 pm. Hamilton Lakes’ team plays against Green Valley, Friendly, Southeast, Greensboro Country Club & Others.
Group lessons will be offered with the objective of teaching students to be safe and to swim.
- Level 1 – The Objective is to help students feel comfortable and enjoy the water safely. This level helps to make the child feel comfortable in the water.
- Level 2 – Students learn to swim without support with arm and leg actions on both front and back.
For lessons for Level 3 through 6, please contact Andy Knick to arrange a class or a private lesson may be scheduled with one of our instructors.
- Level 3 – Student learns to coordinate the front and back crawl, introduces the butterfly and teaches the rules and skills for head first entry.
- Level 4 – Student develops confidence in strokes and increases student endurance. Also introduces elementary backstroke, breaststroke and sidestroke & turns. Level 5&6 Student refines their performance of all strokes and flip turns.
- Level 5 & 6 – Student refines their performance of all strokes and flip turns.
- Objective levels 1& 2, and 3 & 4 may be merged.
Minimum age for group lessons is 3 years old. Private lessons are available for children younger than 3. All lessons are eight lessons 30 minutes in length and are scheduled Mon-Thursday, with Friday being reserved only for “thunderstorm” make-up days. Lessons will continue in light rain. There is a minimum of 3 per class and the class size is limited to 6. Parent or guardian should be available to escort their child to the bathroom, if necessary. Friday is “thunderstorm” makeup only.
Private lessons are also available. Please contact the Andy Knick at firstname.lastname@example.org , Club Manager, for more information.